The most common insurance coverages.
The most common insurance coverages are highlighted below:
Common inclusion for many cards.
- Customers find travel insurance the most valuable inclusion.
- Found in over 45% of credit cards in Australia.
- Over 90% of premium credit cards feature this type of cover*
Extended warranty insurance
Up to an additional 12 months.
- When the cardholder’s credit card is used for the entire purchase of a large household or personal item.
- The cover extends the manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty on the purchased personal goods/business items.
- Can be up to an additional 12 months warranty.
Price protection insurance
Repair or replace.
- When the cardholder’s credit card is used to purchase a personal retail item.
- Purchase protection covers the cost of repairing or replacing the item in full if that item is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
Competitive, comparative pricing.
- Some cards include price protection cover
- If you purchase an item from a retailer and the same item is for sale at a competing retailer, you may be eligible to claim for the difference.